The Google search App promises "faster and significantly improved voice recognition," with spoken responses via Google. You can get answers to an increasingly wide variety of questions thanks to what Google calls the Knowledge Graph, which allows you to search for things, people or places that Google knows about—landmarks, celebrities, cities, sports teams, buildings, geographical features, movies, celestial objects, works of art and more—and instantly get information that’s relevant to your query.
Here are a few of the questions that Google can answer:
- “What does Yankee Stadium look like?” Google will show you hundreds of pictures instantly.
- “Play me a trailer of the upcoming James Bond movie.” The trailer starts playing immediately right within Google Search.
- “When does daylight savings time end?” The answer will appear above the search results, so you can set your clock without having to click on a link.
- “Who’s in the cast of The Office?” See a complete cast list and find out who made you crack up last night.
You can download the Google Search App on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch right now through iTunes.
Google's voice search for iOS reviews
- CNet: Google Search for iOS review (Video)
- The Verge: Google treads on Siri's ground with new iOS Search app
- MacStories: Google Voice Search for iOS: Not A Siri Competitor, Still A Solid App
- Laptop Magazine: Google Search for iOS Brings Faster Siri-Style Searches