Workshops will be taking place in Madrid, Spain on April 20th, Bogota, Columbia on May 18th and Warsaw, Poland on June 1st. All applicants must go through an application process, in which interested developers must demo their skills to gain access to Firefox OS Developer Preview hardware.
Mozilla states that space is limited to these workshops, although an official number of how many developers will be let in has been provided. This move could bode well for Firefox, and possibly give the Firefox OS a chance against Android and iOS when it hits the U.S. in 2014.
What The Workshops Will Offer
- A great place to hack.
- Hands-on help from Firefox OS developers.
- Food, drink and demos. And t-shirts, of course.
- More code, less talk.
- Firefox OS Developer Preview phones, really!
How to PrepareThere’s more than one way to start building Firefox apps. Here are a few resources to get you started:
- Firefox OS Quick Start
- Getting started with Open Web Apps – why and how
- Using WebAPIs to make the web layer more capable
- Introducing Web Activities
- What is a FirefoxOS App anyways? (video introduction)
- Learn about the latest Firefox OS Simulator
- Read the docs: Creating Apps for Firefox OS