We are just a few short days away from Super Bowl Sunday and whether you are rooting for the the New England Patriots or the Atlanta Falcons, or just tuning into the game for the commercials (like of us geeks do) one thing is for sure. You want to get the most out of your Super Sunday! And these days to do so it seems as though you need to have more than one device handy.
Luckily there are several amazing apps out there that will help you tackle your Super Bowl LI viewing experience. Here are just a few that we highly recommend you download before the big game starts (at 3:30pm PST Sunday BTW).
FOX Sports GOThis year Super Bowl LI will be shown on FOX and the good news is that FOX has already said they will be live streaming the entire game to their in house streaming app, FOX Sports GO. The app will feature a more traditional live TV approach to streaming with local and national advertisements and not much else. The good news however is that the game will be available in its entirety on FOXSportsGo.com, using iOS, Android, Windows, and Amazon tablets or through connected devices, including Apple TV, Roku, Android TV, Chromecast, Amazon Fire and XBOX One.
FOXSportsGo Android | iOS | Other Platforms
NFL MobileNFL Mobile is the official go to source for anything NFL related. As the official NFL app it will be your direct source for news, video clips, and live streaming for NFL Network subscribers on Verizon or Bell. The app will allow you to set your favorite team for quick access to the latest news and analysis from the Stories and NFL Now sections. Tablet users can access NFL Network 24/7/365 and NFL RedZone if they're eligible subscribers of AT&T U-verse, Charter, Cox, DirecTV, Optimum, Verizon FiOS, DISH, and many more providers. If you're not a subscriber of any of those service providers, you can check into the NFL Now tab for breaking news and analysis.
NFL Mobile Android | iOS
Official New England Patriots/ Atlanta Falcons Mobile AppsFor you fans out there choosing sides this weekend there is nothing better than getting your favorite team's latest news and in=depth team specific analysis. For that your best option is always going straight to the source! Both teams have great apps that feature the latest news, media and in-depth game details, with their own subjective spins of course!. These apps will give you access to on-demand and LIVE video and audio broadcasts straight to your phone. You can check out photo galleries of the team and Cheerleaders, purchase gear from their respective pro shops and even connect with other fans!
New England Patriots Android | iOS
Atlanta Falcons Android | iOS
ESPN Mobile AppEven those of you that aren't hardcore sports geeks will know that ESPN is a fan favorite and is always a major player on game day! They offer just about anything the hardcore Patriots or Falcons fans — or you bandwagoners can ask for. With their app you get up-to-the-minute scores (from all sports not just the Super Bowl), complete news coverage, live streaming of coverage and commentary and loads of video highlights.
ESPN Mobile App Android | iOS
WatchESPN App Android | iOS
Add More Fun to Super Bowl SundayFor you geeks out there that are looking to add a little more than just sports to your game time fun we haven't forgot about you. Here are a few apps we think are must have's for any Sunday Funday, including some of our favorite cooking and recipe apps and a few "just for fun" apps that will help make your Super Bowl Sunday that much more enjoyable!
- Clippit (Android | iOS) - this cool little app lets you create and share video clips and GIFs from live TV. Perfect for recording that awesome TD or your favorite Super Bowl LI half-time moment.
- Yummly (Android | iOS) - possible one of the best recipe apps out there, Yummly guides you through your dish selections based on your previous likes and any dietary restrictions you may have.
- Allrecipes Dinner Spinner (Android | iOS,) - this cool little app uses a neat spinning system for helping users find just the kind of recipe they need.
- Weber app (Android | iOS) - one of my must have's for any BBQ geek out there. The Weber app offers recipes, multiple countdown timers , tips and tricks and more.
- EZ Football Pool (Android) - take the hassle out of creating football squares! This nifty little app does all the work and you can send the links out to your friends, even those without the app, so they can join the fun from home.
- Mixology (Android | iOS) - this app perfect for helping you find some cool new drink ideas, or for those learning to make cocktails at home for the first time!
Of course our list could not be complete without mentioning Uber and Lyft (and plugging out link of course). For those going out to celebrate the big game with friends and family or anyone having a house party, Lyft and Uber are essentials in my eyes! Not only are they among the safest and easiest ways to get around, they will keep you from getting a flag on your play with a DUI on your way home.