For a chance at winning this all-expenses-paid adventure, Microsoft and Rare are asking fans to create something that conveys their excitement for Sea of Thieves, and then share it with the world on social media via an image or video. The more creative and entertaining the entries, the better chance fans will have at winning the contest. This will be based on the judge's very selective and subjective opinions. In fact they have stated their selections will be based on the following three criteria:
- 33.00% - Creativity - you must show something new and different
- 33.00% - Entertainment value - you'll probably need to make them laugh
- 33.00% - Level of excitement for Sea of Thieves - don't be ho-hum about the game!
For a full run-down of the rules, be sure to check out our official rules page here.
There will be 6 prizes total. The prize(s) will be as follows: Each winner will receive a trip (for winner only) to Twycross, UK, for the opportunity to tour Rare Ltd and meet Rare game software developers. Includes:
- Round trip coach airfare from major airport closest to winner's home
- Transportation between airport, hotel, and studio
- Three (3) nights standard hotel accommodations
- Daily meals
- A tour of the Rare Studio
As of yet a release date has not been revealed and Rare has acknowledged on their official site that they have had very specific reasoning for limiting details about the game until now, but hopes this contest will generate buzz and excitement before the release.