For a small business nothing can have a greater impact than having an online presence. It is possibly the fastest, easiest thing you can do to grow your business. Sadly however the majority of small businesses still don't have a virtual presence. That’s Google's inspiration behind Get Your Business Online Week, building opportunities with local partners to get businesses in our communities online and growing.
Starting today, Google will be broadcast free virtual workshops for business owners, available to anyone with an Internet connection. Here’s a glimpse of what you can look forward to:
- Conversations with businesses that have prospered online, like Barkbox, GoldieBlox and Dollar Shave Club
- Step-by-step demos on building a website and getting found on Search and Maps
- Interviews with small business experts like SmallBizLady Melinda Emerson
- Workshops on Google tools for businesses (Google Apps, Google Trends, Google Alerts), online advertising (AdWords), and measuring your success online (Analytics)
- Free help and advice from experts over Helpouts by Google
Google is also partnering with small business organizations across the country including local chambers of commerce, Small Business Development Centers and SCORE chapters to host live events with broadcasts of each of the virtual trainings and various other in person workshops. You can find a screening closest to you via the GYBO website.