Following their recent announcement of the new EXO Series of routers, which are meant to supplement D-Link's existing Ultra Performance Series, D-Link has officially announced availability of their first offering in the series and from the looks of it D-Link has made good on their promise of exceptional design with powerful Wireless AC home networking performance.
The new AC1900 EXO Wi-Fi Router (DIR-879), will be the initial offering in the EXO series. This new out of this world looking router boasts a stylish form-factor, featuring standout color and impressive feature set. With built-in high power amplifiers and 11AC Dual Band Wi-Fi, the DIR-879 promises to deliver fast wireless speeds, improved coverage, and reliable Wi-Fi connectivity to support HD streaming and other demanding applications, all for under $150.
“With the new AC1900 EXO Wi-Fi Router, users can enjoy the extremely fast speeds of 11AC Wi-Fi and proudly display their network hardware,” said Steven Olen, director of product marketing at D-Link. “The EXO series was built for Wi-Fi users who want great performance, premium-design and style at an incredibly affordable price.”
Additional features and capabilities of the AC1900 Wi-Fi Router (DIR-879) include:
- 11AC Wi-Fi Dual Band Connectivity – Speeds up to 1300Mbps on the 5GHz band and 600Mbps on the 2.4GHz band
- High Power Amplifiers – Provide wider coverage throughout your home
- Dual Core Processor - To support more devices and apps in your home so you can experience lag free gaming and HD media streaming
- Smart Connect – Automatically assigns connected devices to the best possible band for optimal Wi-Fi performance
- Intelligent QoS – Traffic optimization delivers seamless performance for your applications
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup – Push button to easily connect devices to the wireless network
- Backwards Compatible – Works with existing Wi-Fi devices (802.11n/g)
- Wireless Encryption – Uses WPA or WPA2 security
- Easy Setup – Get online in minutes with the Quick Router Setup (QRS) mobile app