To enter game developers must evaluate their game using one of the new Intel Software Assessment Tools.
- Intel Graphics Checker
Measures game playability for an optimal gaming experience on systems featuring Intel Graphics Technology.
- Intel Concurrency Checker
Checks that your application's threads or processes are running concurrently.
As an added bonus all submitted entries will receive a free solar mobile phone charger, simply for submitted an app. Not an Intel Software Partner Program Member? That doesn't matter you still have time to Join now for FREE.
The fine print
The GDC10 competition runs from December 7th, 2009 11:59 pm (Pacific time) through February 12th, 2010 11:59 pm (Pacific time). The GDC10 competition is open to Intel® Software Partner Program members who have completed the following steps:
Started or completed a software project that has been enabled for Intel Multi-Core Technology and/or Intel® Graphics Technology;
Successfully uploaded a Multi-Core and/ or Graphics Tool Report File after running the corresponding Software Assessment Tool(s);
Completed the GDC 10 competition entry form, including both contest questions at the bottom of this form.
Multiple software projects meeting the above criteria may be submitted as separate entries.
How To Enter:
- You must be an Intel Software Partner Program member with either an open or closed project to enter this competition. New members are welcome to join Intel Software partner program and open a project plan in order to participate.
- Download and run the Intel® Software Assessment Tool for Graphics or Multi-core on against any of your open or closed projects, and submit the Tool Report File.
- Complete an on-line Entry Form on the GDC10 Campaign landing page. The Entry Form has two sections that are key to the Competition and to selecting winners 1) submit a creative idea for an online or at-GDC promotion for your software, in 50 words or less 2) Tell us how we can improve your experience with Intel® Software Assessment Tools. All fields on the Entry Form must be completed to be eligible for the Competition.
One Grand Prize Trip Package to GDC10:
A winner for one Grand Prize of a trip package to DC10 will be selected. This package includes:
The online co-marketing campaign will be developed by an Intel-approved agency pending final approval by an Intel representative. Campaign material development will be for the completed application and will be done in conjunction with an Intel-approved vendor and may include marketing materials in online format. An Intel representative will be designated as the winner’s campaign contact and will discuss campaign specifics. Intel brand and legal restrictions will apply to campaign materials. Prize is only for campaign materials and no additional services or subscriptions are included. Winner agrees that the Grand Prize marketing campaign is being provided “as is,” and Intel makes no warranty, representation, or guarantee regarding marketing campaign outcomes, such as acquiring customers or selling products. NO CASH PAYMENT TO THE WINNER. This Trip Package to GDC10 prize has an estimated value of US$5,000.00.
- 5 (five) night’s accommodations for 1 (one), March 8-13, 2010 at the W Hotel San Francisco;
- One All Access Pass to the GDC 10 Conference;
- Online and/or at-GDC co-promotion of your software, as determined appropriate by Intel Software Partner Program and as agreed to by the Winner.
Travel costs including airfare are NOT included in this prize, except as specified below in the “Latin America Special Travel Bonus”
How to win- Competition Judging Criteria: All submitted eligible entries will be evaluated and judged by a panel of judges from Intel based on the following criteria:
- Solar Mobile Phone Charger: For the duration of the Campaign, every US-based completed entry will receive one Solar Mobile Phone Charger. Limit of one charger per entry, to be delivered to the individual and address listed on the Contest Entry Form.
- Latin America Special Travel Bonus: Intel Software Partner Program members based in any Latin America country that win the competition will also get an US$800.00 airfare reimbursement (with proof of purchase).
All decisions of the judges are made at the judges’ sole discretion and are final in all matters relating to this Competition.
- Evaluation of creativity, marketing impact and innovation of proposed online marketing campaign to promotion your software application.
- Evaluation of suggested improvement to the Intel Software Assessment Tool user experience that, if implemented, provides high benefit to other users.
- Odds of Winning: Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- Timelines: All eligible entry forms must be submitted by 11:59pm (Pacific time), February 12th, 2010 to be eligible for the Competition and all eligible entries will be judged by February 28th 2010. The Winner will be notified by email and/or telephone no later than March 1, 2010.
- How to Claim Your Prize: For the Grand Prize, you will be contacted by an Intel representative by March 1st, 2010. The winner must meet all eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Competition Rules to qualify for the prize. The prize winner must complete eligibility and liability/publicity release or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. The winner’s name may be published by Intel in program-related communications and/or on the Intel Software Partner Program Web site. Prize winners will be notified based on contact information supplied by Participants, the accuracy of which information is the responsibility of the Participants. In the event a Participant cannot be contacted as determined in the sole discretion of Intel, or a winner rejects a Prize, an alternative winner will be identified.